7th February 2021 | Live Stream
Have you always wanted to judge a book or idea prize? We’re inviting you, our wonderful Salon Londoners, to be part of Salon London's annual Transmission Prize brought to you via Zarucchi which rewards our experts, authors and academics for their groundbreaking ideas and the way they communicate them.
Yes, we like to do our Transmission Prize a little bit differently every year and this year to celebrate our eighth Transmission Prize we’re opening up our doors for you to become a longlist prize judge, in the easiest possible way. You can be a judge from bed, kitchen or sofa - we’ll make it very easy for you.
So….drum roll please….here is our 2021 longlist and if you would like to sculpt this to a shortlist and an eventual winner you are more than welcome to join us.
- Stephen Reicher - Together Apart: The Psychology of COVID-19
- Russell Foster - Circadian Rhythms: A Very Short Introduction
- Roman Krznaric - The Good Ancestor: How to Think Long Term in a Short-Term World
- Pragya Agarwal - Sway: Unravelling Unconscious Bias
- Pia Callesen - Live More Think Less: Overcoming Depression and Sadness with Metacognitive Therapy
- Nimko Ali - What We’re Told Not to Talk About (But We’re Going to Anyway): Women’s Voices from East London to Ethiopia
- Natalie Haynes - Pandora's Jar: Women in the Greek Myths
- Mark Gevisser - The Pink Line: The World’s Queer Frontiers
- Margaret MacMillan - War: How Conflict Shaped Us
- Lauren Bravo - How To Break Up With Fast Fashion: A guilt-free guide to changing the way you shop - for good
- Jeff Rediger - Cured: The Remarkable Science and Stories of Spontaneous Healing and Recovery
- Hallie Rubenhold - The Five: The Untold Lives of the Women Killed by Jack the Ripper
- Dani Gordon - The CBD Bible: Cannabis and the Wellness Revolution That Will Change Your Life
- Carolyn Steel - Sitopia: How Food Can Save the World
- Adam Rutherford - How to Argue with a Racist: History, Science, Race and Reality
Sound good? Here's how it works:
Watch our Gigantic Introduction to Transmission 2021 (open to all) and let Salon’s Helen and Juliet take you through the Transmission 2021 longlist.
Watch our 15 longlisted Salons (or the ones you haven't already seen).
On 5th Feb we'll e-mail you to request your vote, to be submitted by 7th February 2021.
The shortlist will be announced on 8th Feb. (If you want a casting vote for the prize itself, become a Simply Salon member to qualify).
As part of our judging panel, you’ll be invited to our Transmission 2021 Award show on 25th Feb, where we'll be chatting to the shortlisted speakers and the winner will be announced LIVE.
Sounds like too much hard work? Make yourself a drink, pull up a chair and book onto our Award show on Feb 25th.